Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Google Maps

Time for the 15th Thing. This one is easy because I use it all the time. I get into Google maps. I like to switch between maps and satellite view. It is interesting to see the street view, but it can also be confusing. I don't think it is particularly precise. As an indication of how geeky I can get, I was curious about the Museum of the American Railroad would get their rolling stock collection from Fair Park to Frisco. I had a marvelous time following the railroad tracks out of the Fair Park area and followed them west and north until one finally reached Frisco. Another fun thing to do is to find your place of residence on the map and zoom in.

Here's a map I created to, of all things, Frisco Public Library! Check it out:

View Frisco Library in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment